As expected, the Home Office has confirmed that Statutory Instrument – 2017 No. 399 (Commencement No.1) brings into force the measures in Sections 125, 127, 128, 129 and 130 of the Policing and Crime Act 2017 as from today, 2nd May 2017.
- Section 125 – Firearms Act 1968: meaning of “firearm” and “component parts” and an exception for airsoft guns;
- Section 127 – possession of articles for conversion of imitation firearms;
- Section 128 – controls on defectively deactivated weapons;
- Section 129 – controls on ammunition which expands on impact;
- Section 130 – authorised lending and possession of firearms for hunting etc.
Please see this link to Part 6 of the Policing and Crime Act 2017 for the full wording of the above Sections.
Please note the Commencement of the other relevant measures will be subject to decisions by Ministers after the General Election.